Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm back again!!!!!!!! This weekend was a great time! I went to a goat roast with all of my friends and host family members. It was kind of gross, but it was a lot of fun! My host dad was great! He was passing out shots of vodka to everyone, but wouldn't actually drink it himself. I think he might have been trying to get us all drunk to see how we acted (that seems to be common in Mongolia)!

Yesterday I went to Ulaanbaatar with my host mother and father! We went and visited some of their family that lived on the outskirts of the city. I watched them take down one of their gers....Which reminds me I actually put up my own ger about a week and a half ago! I will post the pictures soon!!!!!

While we were in Ulaanbaatar (UB) I saw I guy get hit by a truck, which it was only a matter time because some of the drivers are crazy! After the accident my host family took me shopping for mouth wash and other necessities that can not be found in my city. After the wonderful shopping trip my HF wanted to take me for a hamburger, but unfortunately the Irish Pub that I like was closed. Instead we opted for Mongolian BBQ and it was the American chain BD's!!! It was hands down the best meal I have ever had in my entire life! My HF was amazed that I went back 3 times, but it was so good.

Well I have to get to dance class! Take care everyone!
Love
Tim
ps. In Mongol Timmy means camel! Thanks mom!!!
pss. Did I say how amazing BD's was? Well it was delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Dance class??? Footloose??? Is this healthy sportster embracing the fine arts? For sure! As to "camel"--think of some other things that would be worse and enjoy being thought of as a "Ship of the desert". Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim--You called me on my birthday but I didn't tell you. It helped make my day for sure and Camber has talked to Caitlin and also said that you have met. Very small world. Keep in touch. Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim--my monk's bracelet is wonderful. Thank you so much for thinking of me. I wear it every day to school. Still hoping you have internet access soon. Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete